How Do I Request an Order?

To request orders from the Court such as child custody and visitation, child support, or spousal support, you or the other parent must request an order from the court by filing a Request for Order. The Request for Order forms are used to schedule a court hearing date to obtain court orders in a family law case.

What are the requirements?

How to do this depends on where you are at in the family court process:

Our Self-Help Center can assist you with this process and email you the forms as well, or you can visit the California Court’s Self-Help Center website for more information.